Monday, June 22, 2015

King George VI

 
This is not my favorite royal portrait, pale colors, ill fitting garments like a restaurant uniform, and it looks like he is a porter holding back those unruly flags with a scepter.
 
14 December 1895 – 6 February 1952
 
 

 
These are both stock photos of the coin.  I need a better camera to get a good image of my own.  the obverse of these two photos is more the color of mine in real life.
 
 
George had a stammer to beat all stammers, did not want to be king, lived through particularly trying and discouraging times, and died quite young...This guy deserves a second portrait.
 
 
 
I  do not know why I am having such terrible luck with George's coins.  What looks a little bit like light and shadows, is really uneven patination.  Don't hate me but I may end up cleaning this one.  It is not a valuable coin, and by the time it becomes valuable in 600 years, no one will guess that I cleaned it.  Just my luck...in 600 years this will be the last one on  earth and some expert will say..."well, this one could have been valuable, but it was cleaned!".


No comments:

Post a Comment